Thursday 2 June 2016

Wire wrapping techniques - basics

Hi!

If you write 'wire wrapping techniques' in your search engine and press 'enter' you'll be amazed how many videos and articles and photos etc you can find around the net.

It is almost overwhelming.

Watching just images makes me jealous for people's ability in making so beautiful pieces, can I be at least half as good as they are one day???

For total beginners with wire wrapping this YouTube tutorial can be great for start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYhpC8f0Us

I'm still practising :) Look:


Practice makes perfect :) They are still far from perfection tho :)


If I add something like this plus jump rings and ear wires...


I can have pair like them :) I love green beads with copper :)

Sometime ago I made few silver-plated pieces with blue beads - blue addict me :)



This necklace I made for my Mum for her birthday, she likes it :)

I think I'll try to have some books about wire wrapping from library, had one in my hands before and I'm sure they don't have anything more on shelves at the moment, but good thing is I can ask them to find me some in other libraries on our area :) Also planning to check shelves in charity shops -you never know what 'gems' you can find there ( last time I found 2 Agatha Christie books I never read and brill book about vampires in modern world ).

That's all for today... See ya next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment