Thursday 16 June 2016

More coiling and stud earrings

Hi!

I don't have much time for crafting lately, but I'm trying my best to make at least 1 piece a day :)

Still practicing coiling and using spirals and free forms :) Soon will need to buy more wire if I'll be using it in this pace :).

I also tried bit of hammering, not much - just a bit on some of new pieces I made.


Hammered star pendant - small


Free form swirl with aventurine chips


I started this with bracelet/bangle in my mind - finished as pendant with seed bead :)


Coiled stud - lightly hammered, but not cut for proper length yet (made 2 pairs). I saw idea for these studs in one of the books I read. I think they are nice looking alternative for simple studs available in the shops, cause they can be customize :)


Drop added to studs - now earrings need a bit of cut on stud piece plus 'butterflies' to have this pair complete. Possibly the other pair will have drop in green or blue - yeah I'm 'blue addict' - I have to admit it :) but these 2 colours looks good with copper for me.

1 comment:

  1. Great work, I'd love to start doing some wire work one of these days. I have many of the supplies, but no time - dang! Anyhow, isn't it funny how we start a project with a cool design in mind - but, before you know it the work takes on a mind of its' own! :)

    Great blog, beautiful work, and so very interesting - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete