Wednesday 22 June 2016

Book, new bracelet and hammering

Hi!

Last week I catch nice book from library: The complete guide to wire & beaded jewellery' by Linda Jones.


I found in it few nice projects to try :) Book is nicely written and contains step-by-step instructions to every project plus lots of useful information for jewellery making beginners.

Some Egyptian style pieces shown in this book gave me idea for bracelet. As that was my first try I used acrylic beads for this little project, result looks quite good, but...

I need to remember one thing for sure - read about it in this book - do not hammer any crossed-over wires, cause this will weaken them (unfortunately I did hammer them on crossed-overs :) - will not do that next time :) I hope so at least :)


Bracelet is not perfect, but I had a chance to practice hammering and clasps making.
I still need more practice and I think I'll try to make similar bracelet, this time properly and with beads in different colour - maybe blue or red - not decided yet.



2 comments: